Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, February 20, 2011

WIP Drawings of Painting of Pamela's Truck


This is today's daily creation!  I drew most of this afternoon and evening.This is the second of Pamela Baker's beautiful truck photographs that I am painting.This painting will be 22" x 28" and is on 300 lb. Arches rough watercolor paper. I finished the drawing today, and added the masque where I want the painting to remain white when I come to the pouring phase of the painting process.  Pouring comes next!  Below is the photograph that I am painting.

5 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

Beautiful photograph! You certainly are a hard-working and dedicated artist, Barb. I hope that you will show your progress pictures - this should be a challenging project!

Ruth said...

Barb, you don't like to choose anything easy, do you? This is a wonderful photo and painting it is NOT going to be any easy task. Will watch with interest to see how you proceed in completing this. Should be exciting to see.

Barb Sailor said...

Christiane...thanks for commenting - yes - Pamela's photograph is absolutely awesome - my challenge will be to create a painting with it's own unique characteristics - which is going to be hard. I already did a little cropping of the original photograph.

Barb Sailor said...

Ruth - as I commented to Christiane, this will be a challenge - but, I think a very satisfying experience. I will photograph the stages as I go through them. Today I pour!

Unknown said...

Oh, Barb! I can't wait to watch this develop! I just KNOW your painting will far surpass the photo!!!