Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, February 28, 2011

Leaf Abstraction in Colored Pencils

Today was the day we picked up my paintings at the gallery where I had my solo show.  My daughter Beth, and two dear friends helped Rock and me take down the show and then pack the van.  Afterwards we went out to lunch.  When I got home it was time to leave again for Wapakoneta to teach my watercolor class. By the time I got back home after teaching  tonight, it was 9:00 and then my d/h wanted me to type a letter for him on the computer - soooooooooooo- at 10:00 I started my "daily creation!"  I decided to do a greeting card in colored pencils.  The composition is 5" x 6 1/2" and is completed with watercolor pencils on card stock.  This quicky creation  is from my crazed, exhausted mind!  It is especially exhausted because I was awake most of the night listening to thunder, lightening, hail and wind, plus a shivering pooch who is afraid of storms!  What a night!

No comments: