Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, February 18, 2011

Demonstration Drawing

This is my daily creation for today!
This isn't a painting - at least not yet!  It is the drawing for a painting which I finally finished tonight.  This will be a large painting - it is drawn on a full sheet of watercolor paper 22" x 30".  I drew it using the grid method and have partially masked out the edges of the petals and the center of the bottom flower because I plan to pour the first layer of this painting with fluid acrylics, wet -in-wet and I want the edges to remain white.  I can paint some of them in color later on in the painting process.  This is for a demonstration for Lima Area Watercolor Society in March, and I am praying that the mask will not set up too much so it can be removed after the pouring process.

2 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

Barb, don't tell me that we will have to wait until March to see this beauty!!!:-)

Barb Sailor said...

Yes - March 8th - to be precise! Sure hope it works out - it looks pretty involved for a demonstration - I'll be glad when it is over!