Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, February 21, 2011

Pamela's Truck: WIP 2


I spent the afternoon and evening mixing paint for the initial wet-in-wet pouring and then doing the first layer of paint wet-in-wet.  The first layer of paint is fluid acrylics used in watercolor mode.  I do this because when I start defining and detailing the painting, the bottom layer will not lift.  In the top picture, the painting still has the masque on it - I will remove it tomorrow, and I have started defining some areas with watercolor on top of the first layer, wet on dry.  There will be a big difference once the detailing and defining is completed.

1 comment:

Christiane Kingsley said...

Oh, Barb, I like this!!! The pouring has provided such a great blend of colors! This will be such a stunning painting.