Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The Diva's Challenge #179: Bijou

This is my answer to the weekly Diva's challenge - we were to use the new Bijou size to create our challenge - the size is 2" x 2" - not too big.  Since I don't have the pre-cut Bijou tiles, I created my own from white drawing paper and rounded the edges.

I selected Ole as my major tangle and I don't know the name of the other tangle I used..  I painted the reflections on the Ole using block-out white and the ink design is created with Micron Pigma black waterproof  pens -.005.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely Bijou tile!

Antonine said...

Love how you added the highlights!

Tangles and More said...

Nicely done.

David Hunter said...

Great Tile. Love your Ole. Your reflection highlights are very well done. More complex than just a white circle. Nice job.

Anoeska said...

Really great tile! ;-) I like Ole, never used it... I think I will try it!

Anne's tangle blog said...

This is so very pretty!

Annette P.-L. said...

Very lovely Bijou tile with fine contrast!

Barb Sailor said...

Lady Kate, Antonine and Donald...Thank you for your kind comments.

Barb Sailor said...

David...after I finished, I then thought that it would look good with highlights, so then I painted them on...an afterthought, actually
Thanks for commenting.

Barb Sailor said...

Lily, Anoeska,Anne and Lonetta...Thank you for commenting and for visiting my blog.

Kia said...

I like your ole and thw way you have done the highlights.

Barb Sailor said...

Thanks, Kia!

Alice said...

i like the way you made the flux large and filled with the printemps - it looks great!

Barb Sailor said...

Alice ... thanks for you nice comments!