Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, August 25, 2014

Make Lemonade!

This still life is the new lesson for my students at Riverside Art Center in Wapakoneta, Ohio.  I finished it over the weekend. It is from a source photo by Ellen in Ont which I found in the reference image file in Wet Canvas.

The painting is painted on 140 lb. cold-pressed Arches watercolor paper with mostly Holbein watercolors.

This painting tested my patience - I did not enjoy painting the lemons - and the slice of lemon in the front with the back-lighting was difficult for me. 

The background was also challenging since it was a patchwork of different textures and colors.

I am still not happy with the lemons and I know that my students will do much better on them than I!!!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Really enjoy seeing this. great lemons!

Barb Sailor said...

Thanks, Susan!

Kia said...

I love your watercolour work. I wish I could be in your class. kia (from the Diva Zentangle list)