Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Some Liquid Refreshment

This will be the lesson for our Intermediate Watercolor Class at Riverside Art Center in Wapakoneta this Monday evening.  I created this painting from a photograph taken by my friend Deb Holmes who generously allows me to paint from her photos.  The original photo was horizontal format, so I used my 'artistic license' to change it to vertical so that the reflection of the tree in the birdbath water made more sense in the painting.  

The painting is 12" x 9" and is painted on Canson cold-pressed 140 lb. watercolor paper with mostly the new QoR Watercolors from Golden Paints.  Their turquoise is awesome.

2 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

You know I wish I was in your class to do this one! Looks like they are dueling for water :)

Barb Sailor said...

I wish you were also!
It does look like they are dueling...that would be a great title - "Dueling Crows!"