Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, November 19, 2012

IH

I did this watercolor sketch today of an International Harvester truck abandoned in a barnyard.  Instead of starting with a line drawing as I usually do, I started by blocking in shapes and then adding some details after the shapes were in.  I think it worked, but I still prefer using my usual approach.  I did learn alot today, though.  This painting is 5" x 9" and is painted on 140 lb. hot-pressed watercolor paper.

2 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

I like how you created this by blocking in the shapes - it looks more like an acrylic work this way but I like the shapes of everything.

Barb Sailor said...

Thanks, Rhonda! I enjoyed working with the shapes, although this really isn't "me!"