Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Copper Tea Kettle WIP 1

This is my creative effort for the day - I started a painting of a copper tea kettle today which has many beautiful reflections.  It is going to take a while - more than a day - and so I have decided to document my daily progress.  My source photograph is taken from a wonderful picture sent to me by my friend Deb Holmes who is an excellent photographer.  She is so generous to share her artistic efforts with me.  Thanks, Deb.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Barb, You have been so generous with your process. I just can't wait until the next "installment". Will you share the paint colors you use?

Barb Sailor said...

Thanks, Norena. I am using burnt sienna, van dyke brown, and sepia(for the darks). I used raw sienna and yellow ochre for the top ornament of the lid.

RH Carpenter said...

You are already getting that shine on the copper kettle! Beautiful :) I'm so enjoying your daily efforts - thanks for sharing.