Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

I Am the Diva: Challenge 190: Pink for Ardath


The Diva called this Challenge Pink for Ardath because last winter her grandmother Ardath passed away from complications due to Breast Cancer. So she has dedicated this challenge to all people who have valiantly fought this fight against Breast Cancer.  The challenge for the "Challenge" this week is to incorporate "Pink" somewhere in the tangle.

My tangle is 6" x 6" and is done on a piece of white illustration board.  I used the Prismacolor colored pencil  color "pink" and Micron -Pigma ink pens in .005 and .05.  I used the symbol Hearts for 2 reasons - first and most importantly,  everyone should fight this disease with all their hearts, and secondly, my maiden name is Hart and I often use Hearts in my compositions.

13 comments:

Kia said...

very pretty tile - I like how you have used the pink in various places in your tile

Ilse said...

Nice composition!

Anne's tangle blog said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! T love the way you used color in this tile.

Unknown said...

Hi, I love the composition of your tile with all the hearts and different tangles and coloured places.
Looks very pretty :-)))

David Hunter said...

Wonderful tribute Tile, Barbara. Love your heart string and the patterns that you selected to fill it. Beautiful colors and a delightful overall design. Well done.

Susan said...

One feels the love and energy. The pattern is lovely. As a survivor, I appreciate you taking the time to think pink. I ran a card sale this month and have raised over $100 to donate to breastcancer.org.

Barb Sailor said...

Kia - Thank you for commenting!

Barb Sailor said...

Ilse -
Thanks so much - I really worked on this string.

Barb Sailor said...

Thanks, Anne,
I am happy you like my use of color.

Barb Sailor said...

Sandra,
I am glad you like the way I put this tangle together...it did take much consideration and thought!

Barb Sailor said...

David,
Thank you for your complimentary compliments! I am honored because of your experience in the arts.

Barb Sailor said...

Susan, I thought of you when I was doing this tangle. It is so good that people are responding to your cards and that you are raising money for your cause. Your cards are so beautiful - as are all your paintings.

Liese Zentangle, Doodle, Basteln, said...

Sehr schönes schwungvolles ZIA