Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Zentangle Star

I designed this 3 dimensional Zentangle (or is it Zendala) star today for a project I am working on.  It is approximately 6 inches from side to side and top to bottom.  It was created on card stock with  a Micron Pigma .005 black ink drawing pen.

This tells the Christmas Story featuring the Christ Child in the creche in the middle, then the town of Bethlehem and at the top, the angel with the star above her.  This is going to be an art activity to go along with a short story about the Christmas Star for my church circle.  They will score and fold the star to make it dimensional and then attach the ribbon.

4 comments:

Lin said...

Love it!

Barb Sailor said...

Lin - Thanks very much - also, thanks for visiting my blog! Happy Holidays.

RH Carpenter said...

I love the idea of doing this and wish I had gotten myself together in time to try it with my class - but didn't!

Barb Sailor said...

Rhonda,
I did this with a church circle and it worked out pretty well. It amazed me how difficult it was for some to grasp the concept of paper sculpture folding - scoring, etc. I already had the zentangle design copied onto to card stock - all they had to do was cut out, score and fold, and add the silver link and ribbon to hang.