Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, December 6, 2013

A Christmas Still Life

I painted this watercolor this afternoon as a lesson for the painting I am teaching this coming Monday evening.  One of the painters, Dave, requested a Christmas theme painting, so this is what I came up with.  I used several pictures and borrowed different objects from them to form my composition.  
The painting is done on 140 lb. cold-pressed Strathmore Windpower watercolor paper - not one of my favorites, but this was better than some I have used recently.  I had not used Strathmore papers in many years, and was pleasantly surprised that this paper is much easier to work with than what I remembered from the Strathmore papers from years past.
I tried, also, to loosen up some of the washes in this in my futile attempt to become a "looser" woman.  I don't know why I try..."I yam what I yam," as Popeye would have said.

No comments: