Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day #12: Heather's Bamboo

Well - this has been a busy day...I spent most of the morning at the epidural clinic at the Orthopedic Institute of Ohio where I received a steroid epidural in the lower lumbar area of my back to help eliminate some pain.  It wasn't very painful - just a little nerve wracking ...worrying about the unknown.
When I finally got around to doing my work for day 12, it was already 9:00 p.m., so I looked for the easiest thing around that I could do quickly.  My eyes fell on the bamboo which was a gift from the wedding of my niece, Heather in June.  Amazingly, it has thrived - grown pretty well considering the fact that I do not really have a green thumb.
The painting was done in Prismacolor watercolor pencils on 140 lb. Canson cold-pressedd watercolor paper.  Why I am using Canson w/c paper?  Well, I mistakenly bought some last year and have been trying to get rid of it.  I am finally on the last sheet! Yeah!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Barb, Can you just feel your art growing? I certainly see it. FYI I have lost my email so my friends will hear from me when I get it fixed.

Barb Sailor said...

Thanks, Norena - am just now getting back to trying to catch up on comments!