Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, July 22, 2011

Chattanooga ChooChoo

New Version


Yesterday's Version

Today I reworked my collage from yesterday - adding a lot of watercolor washes to the surface and I like it much better.  I also renamed it!  It is no longer "Spirit Reflections" because I now think it looks like an old fashioned train engine!  I have renamed it "Chattanooga ChooChoo!"  It is approximately 9" x 15" and is on a piece of matboard.

7 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

This is very good and I much prefer it over yesterday's version. The colors are so rich!

Unknown said...

Much better! I love the vivid colors and always look to you for color mixes.

Barb Sailor said...

Thanks so much, Christiane!
I wanted you to know that for some reason either my computer or google are not allowing me to leave comments on your blog - I have been following it and I love the finished Mascarone! It is awesome.

Barb Sailor said...

Thanks, Norena! Sometimes my colors tend to be a little garrish - but I love strong color and value. I love your vegetables - you have to paint them!

Unknown said...

I am very fond of these colleges. Great work!

RH Carpenter said...

Wow! This one is really great - interesting shapes, colors, values all around and love the title! Gives one the idea of the train wheels rolling on and on and on down the line...

Barb Sailor said...

Thanks, Tim and Rhonda. This has been a fun project.