Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Special Painting for Jenny...

Well - to make this painting meaningful, I must explain that I collect elephants - not the real ones! :)  I have hundreds of them!  My dear granddaughter, Jenny, created a wonderful little elephant mug for me in her ceramic's class in college this year.  I treasure it!  So - I wanted to share this little gem with everyone so yesterday I painted a picture of it.  The painting is small - and is painted on 140 lb. cold-pressed watercolor paper.
Thanks, Jenny - this is for you and I will treasure the elephant forever!  Love you!

4 comments:

OLDLADYWITH FLARE said...

I LIKEY


GRANNY

RH Carpenter said...

So cute and what a great cup this must be - and good luck to have the trunk up like that :) Very nice work modeling the shapes with very little color.

Barb Sailor said...

Thanks Granny!

Barb Sailor said...

Rhonda - yes - it is good luck and I treasure it because Jen made it for me - in addition to the fact that she did a really great job! Yes - it is almost monochromatic isn't it! :)