Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

California Sky

While watching the Rose Bowl parade New Years Day, I was amazed at the yellow morning sky and the grey mountains in the background.  So - for todays post I decided to do a quick watercolor sketch trying to catch the feeling of those colors that struck me that morning.  This is a 1/2 hour painting - the colors from my memory and the scene from my imagination.
I am going to have a solo show from January 14 through February 26 and have been very busy getting ready for it.  The next few days are going to be hectic, so, though I will paint daily,  my daily posts will be drawings or watercolor sketches.  Hang with me blog readers, and I will be back with paintings soon.

No comments: