Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Psychedelic


A "Blast From The Past" - a  psychedelic ZIA -Zentangle Inspired Art! This reminds me of the colorful art created during the 60's and 70's.   I did this today for my Monday evening class - they seem to like the ZIA's.  This time we will do the composition first, then the Zentangle work and then finish  with the watercolor.  I am going to give them some pictures of flowers and landscapes found in some ZIA and then they will do their own compositions. Mine is loosely based on one I found on Pinterest, which I think was actually created with computer graphics, created entirely on the computer.  Mine is not.

This work is 12" x 9" and is done on 140 lb. cold-pressed watercolor paper.

No comments: