Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

"My Little Chickadee!"

This is a painting from "Life in the Northwoods" photographer Matthew Crowley.  His photo is the challenge photograph for this month at Watercolor Workshop, the online Yahoo group for watercolor painters.  I decided to do this challenge, prepare a lesson for my intermediate watercolor painting group at Riverside Art Center in Wapakoneta, Ohio, and use the new QoR (Core) paints from Golden.  

I liked the natural limited palette which was in the wintertime photo.  Because I have been experimenting with the new watercolors from Golden, QoR,(Core),  and wanted to do this painting with only their colors,  I made my blacks from transparent brown oxide and ultramarine blue and used the Ardoise Grey for the background. The only other color I used was their natural burnt sienna.  This has always been one of my favorite palettes and I feel this worked out pretty well.  Once again, thank you Golden, for this opportunity to use, experiment, and discover your new OoR (Core) watercolor line.

4 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

So cute!!!

Barb Sailor said...

Thank you so much, Rhonda and Carol!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous

Barb Sailor said...

NewMexicomtngirl - thank you for your nice comment and welcome to my blog!