Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Geological Impressions in Mixed Media

I attended the mixed media workshop today at Riverside Art Center presented by Mike Behr, a professional artist from Sidney, Oh.   Mike uses a variety of media, including Gorilla Glue and copper piping to create his art works.  I used tissue paper, window screen, corrugated cardboard and rubber shelf liner among others to create mine, and then I embellished it with watercolor and acrylic paint.   The finished size is 18" x 14" and is done on canvas board.  I used Golden Acrylic Modeling Paste to glue down the heavier pieces and matte acrylic medium for the rest.

I had a great day, and lunch was even included in the fee!  Whee!!!

No comments: