Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Twisted and Tangled

.
This painting will be the lesson for my class at Riverside Art Center this coming Monday night.  It is loosely based on a photo of an abandoned house somewhere in rural Ohio.  I like the shapes of the trees -  very eerie and lifelike.  I always wonder what it would be like if the walls and spaces in the home could talk.  Was this a happy home?  Were there children playing in the yard?  So many questions!!!

The painting is 9" x 12" and is painted on 140 lb. Strathmore cold-pressed watercolor paper.  I used a limited palette in this - Indian Red, Sepia, Burnt Sienna  and Yellow Ochre.  Although it looks like blue in the sky, it is actually not - the camera picked up color that isn't really there. The lower sky is really a light wash of a mixture of yellow ochre and burnt sienna.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Wyeth is on my mind.

Barb Sailor said...

Yes - I can see the connection! I love Wyeth.