Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Crystal Bowl with Apples

Golden Paints have developed a line of watercolor paints which they call Qor (Core.)  They have contacted watercolor artists and asked them to experiment and paint with these new watercolors.  I was one of the lucky ones who gets to try them out.  

This painting was painted only with their new paints...I finished it today.  For your information, I like the paints very much.  This painting is 9" x 12" and is painted on 140 lb. Strathmore Windpower cold-pressed watercolor paper.  

A friend, fellow artist and photographer, Deb Holmes, sent me this photo of apples which she photographed.  I thought it was beautiful. Thank you so much, Deb!

As far as Golden Paints is concerned, they will get a thumbs up from me for their new watercolor line.  I plan to continue experimenting with the new paints and see how they work with other papers and mixed media.  A big "Thank You" to them for the honor of being able to work with the paints.  I think I was in Heaven when I received them in the mail!!!

6 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Lovely one b Barbara, and how fortunate to get to try the new paints too.

Barb Sailor said...

Carol: It was a joy working with the new paints. Thank you for you nice comment.

RH Carpenter said...

Beautiful painting - I feel I could reach out and pick up that glass bowl! Lucky you, getting to experiment with the new paints :) I'd never heard of them but sure they will be showing up in catalogs soon.

Barb Sailor said...

Thank you, Rhonda. Golden has just started manufacturing watercolors, although they are generally considered the leaders in acrylic technology in painting. I think it will be interesting to see how much they charge for their watercolors in comparison to other companies. They will be out later this spring.

Ginny Stiles said...

So what is especially "different" about this new line of paints, Barb? Are the colors different? How is the price range compared say to Winsor Newton or other major brands?

Barb Sailor said...

Ginny, the consistency is different from the tube, more liquid, but it sets up beautifully in the palette. The colors are lovely and keep their intensity when dry, maybe more than other watercolors. I noticed that they are very workable - mix well and glaze beautifully. They haven't been released so I don't know what the price will be.