Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, February 17, 2014

The Graveyard: Final version

I think that I have finally finished this painting - I signed it...a good sign!
This painting is just short of a full sheet of watercolor paper 22" x 29" - it is painted on 140 lb. Acquerello cold-pressed watercolor paper - this painting is watermedia because it was poured with acrylic ink and finished with transparent watercolor with touches of acrylic ink.  I think it calls for a black frame with a narrow white mat.
The idea of this painting is from a photograph by photographer Carla Parris, with her permission, of course.  Thank you Carla!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Looks great Barb. Wonderful composition.

Barb Sailor said...

Thanks so much, Susan! I always appreciate you visiting my blog! Hope all is well with you.