Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Here's Looking at You!



This is another painting, just completed, for the show in October that I am sharing with Pamela Baker...I am doing my interpretations of her photographs.  This painting is 6" x 12" and is painted on 140 lb. hot-pressed watercolor paper.  I am also posting a picture of her photo...as you can see, to make a painting out of the photo, I eliminated some of the gates and farm equipment and I also changed the orientation to more  horizontal format.  Did I tell you that I am so happy to have a good friend who is also a first class photographer and is willing to share her work with me?  Thanks, Pam!  I love these inquisitive cows!!!

3 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Love this! The poses with them looking back at you are so cute and you've done so well with the wintry day. You are planning well in advance for October!

Barb Sailor said...

Thanks, Rhonda...Yes, I like the way they are looking at you, and, yes, I am trying to get all my paintings ready so I will not be crazily running around a week before the show.
I also have to be thinking about my demo for your watercolor society...I haven't decided what to paint as of this time.

Nancy Goldman said...

This is a lovely painting. Thanks for posting the reference photo. It's nice to see your editing. I like your interpretation.