Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Pouring Demonstration - 2nd Day

Well, this is the second installation of the poured leaves demonstration.  I now have around 4 hours in this one - I usually don't keep track, but someone asked me last night, during the demonstration, how long it takes to do a painting, so I am keeping track of this one.

It is beginning to take shape - you can at least see the leaves now.  There is still a lot of work to do on this one - I still have to finish the negative painting around the leaves and then I will start to finish the detailing on the surface of the leaves.  I can see that I still have to set up a definite value pattern to determine eye movement and focal point, but am still tippy-toeing around those elements right now! 

Hoping to find time to work on it tomorrow night - I have a doctor's appointment in the afternoon, so won't have time to paint until after dinner.

1 comment:

Debbie Nolan said...

Barb these leaves are already lovely. Negative painting is wonderful but I really have to put on my creative brain to work this way. You do such a great job with this technique. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day.