Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, November 8, 2016




I did this painting from a photograph taken by Bryan Wahrer while he was on a vacation in New England some time ago.  Bryan is a very gifted photographer who was also a former student of mine while in high school.  He was also a gifted artist.  As you can see he has a fine eye for composition.  Thank you, Bryan, for allowing me to use this beautiful photo.


The painting is 9" x 11" and is painted on Fluid 100 140 lb. cold-pressed watercolor paper.

7 comments:

Jane said...

Beautiful sea scape , love the fresh and clear colors.

Barb Sailor said...

Thank you so much, Jane!

Esther said...

Hi! I turned 68 a week ago and am trying to learn to paint with watercolours. I just discovered your blog and I like your style of work. Best wishes and happy painting! Esther

Barb Sailor said...

Hi Esther,
I just discovered your comment on my blog. I am happy that you enjoy my style of painting and good luck with your watercoloring!

Diane Lachance, CZT said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diane Lachance, CZT said...

Very nice watercolor of the Nubble!I enjoy your site and your work and was so surprised to see the Nubble - we vist there often.

Barb Sailor said...

I love the Nubble - from any angle, really! How lucky you are to visit often. Thank you for commenting and visiting my blog!