Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, November 22, 2013

Pumpkins Galore

Pumpkins Galore:  This is my latest painting, finished last evening.  This is an image from Country Living.com which I found on Google Images.  I do not plan to sell this for profit, so thought it would be okay to use it and it would be great practice for painting pumpkins.  This is 12" x 9" - painted on 140 lb. Acquerello  cold-pressed watercolor paper.     I thought the subject fits in well with the spirit of the Thanksgiving season.

5 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

It appears to have been a bountiful harvest for someone and a wonderful painting for you.

Susan said...

Lovely rendering of a lovely composition .

Barb Sailor said...

Carol, Thank you very much for your comment and visiting my blog.

Barb Sailor said...

Thank you, Susan. I would like to take credit for the composition, but that credit goes mostly to the photographer, Darren Fisher, who graciously allowed me to use his pictures. Thank God for photographers who are willing to share - I am physically limited and unable to do much traveling, so my painting sources are limited.

RH Carpenter said...

Wow! Love the shapes and the colors on these - you never go wrong painting apples, pears and pumpkins!