Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Frenzy

Monday will be the last lesson of this summer's 6 week session for the intermediate watercolor class at Riverside Arts Center in Wapakoneta, Ohio.  I wanted something different for this last lesson so I've come up with this composition of coi feeding.  My background in drawing koi is very limited, so I hope that everyone will think this one is okay. I have approached this more from a design than from an absolutely realistic rendering, especially in the handling of the water, which is very conceptual.  I think it will be very interesting to see how my students approach this and what they come up with!

4 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Koi of a different kind here - very design oriented and I like it because it is different - unusual - and plays on other things beside water and the gold colors. I know your students will hate to leave!

Christiane Kingsley said...

I really like the movement created by the spirals. I am repeating myself, but your students are so fortunate!

Barb Sailor said...

Thanks, Rhonda! Design was at the forefront of this composition and I am glad you like it.

Barb Sailor said...

Thanks, Christiane! I was pushing it a little in this making the water blue - koi ponds are almost always brown or green. Artistic license, you know! lol