Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Greg's Beauties


A friend of mine, and mother of a former student (I had 20+ years ago,)  commissioned these "kitty" portraits for him for a Christmas gift this last Christmas.  I didn't really have good photos to work from, but I did like the fact that the two cats were in similar positions.  She framed them beautifully and they now hang in his apartment in New York City!  He Loved them.

I didn't work for a lot of detail, but tried to catch the attitude of the cats - especially the upper picture, where she barely had her eyes open and was watching the camera very suspiciously.

4 comments:

Sandy Sandy Art said...

You've captured the essence of these felines beautifully.

Barb Sailor said...

Thank you, Sandy! That was my main objective.

Nancy Hawkins said...

Nice work Barb! What medium, well I know it must be watercolor, but did you add white? Really nice kitty portraits.

Barb Sailor said...

Thanks, Nancy...Yes - it is watercolor and I used the white of the paper - I was just careful not to get paint where I didn't want it! I did scrape out some white for the hairs in the ears and above the eyes with an x-acto knife. I also used the extra white watercolor paper.