Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Table Setting

I painted this small piece this afternoon for the August project of  Watercolor Workshop.  The theme is to paint something shiny and so I selected a royalty free photo from Bing Images.  This is 4" x 6" and is painted on 140 lb. Strathmore watercolor paper.

I also wish to share a photo I took about 15 minutes ago of a beautiful double rainbow I saw from my front porch - so inspiring and lovely.

4 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Well done on the table setting, Barb - and thanks for that rainbow photo!! We've seen a few around here with stormy and then sunny skies, too. At least we get something pretty from the storms that roll through so quickly.

Debbie Nolan said...

Barb - lovely painting on the silverware and what a gorgeous rainbow picture. So nice to see it. Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

This is lovely!
Thanks for sharing your double rainbow too!



Ciao bella.
Creative Carmelina

Barb Sailor said...

Thank you Rhonda, Debbie and Carmelina, for your kind comments. I am so happy you enjoyed my rainbow.