Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, June 24, 2012

I went on a road trip with my daughter, daughter-in-law and granddaughter yesterday.  We drove to Cleveland (my birthplace and where I was raised)  - a trip of about 3 1/2 hours for my niece's baby shower.  It was a beautiful day, we saw family we hadn't seen in a long time, and ate some wonderful food...Their showers always have such great food.  After the shower we headed south again  on I-71, and stopped at the outlets at Lodi, Ohio.  We had promised my granddaughter that she could ride the train there that goes around and through the opening of the buildings of the outlet.  I rode with her while the other 2 shopped.  After the train ride, Rachel and I had something cool to drink and then we all headed south again.  In Mansfield we had dinner at Olive Garden - love their soup and salad.  Then we headed for home and were home by 10:00 p.m. - all in all a wonderful day spent with loved ones! Lots of wonderful conversation, laughter and great moments. All in all, a wonderful day.  Back to painting today!

2 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful week-end - I live 80 miles south of Cleveland. Years ago when I worked for another employer I would have to travel up there for conferences. Glad you had some quality time with family. Happy painting this week.

Barb Sailor said...

Hi Debbie - do you live southwest, or southeast of Cleveland? I was born and raised there and love it very much...we always have a good time when we go there. I didn't know you were so close!